Tips On Tips: Common Challenges Under the FLSA for Employers of Tipped Employees
CDF Partner Mark Spring to join discussion panel during this FREE webinar hosted by Practical Law.
Hosted by Practical Law
Join Practical Law and the Wage & Hour Defense Institute (WHDI) on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 10:00 (PST) for this FREE, 75-minute webinar providing guidance for employers of tipped employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Moderator Paul Bittner of Ice Miller LLP (Columbus, OH), and speakers Susan N. Eisenberg of Cozen O’Connor (Miami) and Mark Spring of Carothers DiSante & Freudenberger LLP (Sacramento), all members of the WHDI, will discuss compliance issues facing employers in this often complicated area, including:
- Defining tipped and non-tipped employees.
- Taking a tip credit against minimum wage.
- Understanding the DOL’s proposal regarding Obama-era guidance.
- Calculating overtime pay for tipped employees.
- Understanding tip pooling arrangements.
- Handling service charges and credit card fees.
- Addressing tipped employee requirements under state law.
A short Q&A session will follow. Reserve your spot today!
Click HERE to register.
CLE credit is available in multiple states.
Mark S. Spring has over 25 years of experience handling labor and employment law matters throughout Northern California. Spring’s practice is focused on representation of management in union-management relations and handling litigation triggered by all types...
Read full bio»