CDF is a proud Diamond Sponsor for the 25th Anniversary Alliance for Children's Rights Annual Dinner that will take place on March 16, 2017 at the Beverly Hilton and will honor Janis Spire, President & CEO of the Alliance for Children's Rights and Austin Beutner, Founder & Chair of the Vision to Learn.
The Alliance for Children’s Rights protects the rights of impoverished, abused and neglected children and youth. By providing free legal services and advocacy, the Alliance ensures children have safe, stable homes, healthcare, and the education they need to thrive.
Since 1992, they have served 125,000 children. Their efforts are focused in three main areas:
- Free legal services and advocacy for children in poverty and in foster care
- Training and education for those who work with or care for these children
- System-wide reform to change policies to improve children’s lives
They cut through the bureaucracy of the courts, healthcare system, school districts and government agencies to secure a brighter future for children in need. Their staff and extensive network of pro bono attorneys advocate directly for individual children, and work toward broader policy reform to:
- expedite adoptions.
- secure medical coverage and therapies for children.
- obtain services for children with learning delays and behavioral issues.
- assist youth aging out of foster care to become productive and self-reliant.