About The Job
Our Sacramento office is continuing to grow. We are currently looking to hire an Associate attorney with a minimum of 1 year of experience in employment or three years of civil or criminal litigation experience to join a tight-knit group of dedicated and diverse professionals. This attorney will work on litigation and non-litigation matters for diverse clients, from regional businesses to Fortune 500 corporations across many industries. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits and a starting salary will range from $140,000 to $210,000 depending on experience.
Depending upon experience, the associate should expect to be involved in all aspects of our practice, including but not limited to pre-complaint investigation, case analysis and strategy, drafting and responding to discovery, taking and defending depositions, motions and other court appearances, administrative matters before the DLSE, NLRB, CRD, and other agencies, union negotiations and relations, assisting in arbitration and trials, mediations, counseling and advice work, client development and recruitment, and legal research and writing on a wide variety of areas. Litigation will generally consist primarily of single-plaintiff EEO litigation, PAGA, and class action wage and hour litigation. Associates at CDF’s Sacramento office get significant training and are offered significant responsibility on the matters they handle, including making appearances, taking and defending depositions, and being the primary contact with clients.
- Minimum one year of experience in labor and employment law in California, or if labor and employment law experience is more limited than three years of litigation experience.
- Class action experience is preferable.
- Traditional labor law experience is a plus.
- Successful candidates will be highly motivated, possess excellent writing, analytical and people skills, value a team environment, and will be prepared to work independently and assume significant responsibilities.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the state of California.
- Must have a California bar license.
- During employment, must meet requirements for continuing licensure for law practice.
- Options available to work in the office or hybrid
- Competitive pay and incentives
- Medical, dental, vision, and flexible spending
- Firm-paid benefits: EAP, Telemedicine, life insurance, STD, and LTD
- 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off, and paid parental leave program
- Pro bono opportunities
- Opportunities to manage matters, publish articles and speak for those who desire
- Business casual dress
- Fun perks, annual holiday event and more!
About CDF Labor Law LLP
For 30 years, CDF has distinguished itself as one of the top employment, labor, and business immigration firms in California, representing employers throughout the state.
Commitment to Diversity
CDF is proud to have been listed in Law360’s Annual Diversity Report for four years in a row as one of “Best Law Firms for Women and Minority Attorneys” in firms of similar size. We are fully committed to supporting and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the legal profession, and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm. CDF promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a 1) cover letter, and 2) resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
*No phone calls or recruiters please*