CDF Webinar: HR Headaches for 2019 – Trending Issues in California Employment Law
2019 has brought a new governor, new laws, new judicial decisions, and new headaches for employers in California. Whether you are in human resources, in-house legal, or management of a California business, keeping up on the new and increasingly complex compliance issues for employment law is a time-consuming task with significant legal exposure. To assist in this endeavor, we have assembled a collection of the recent changes in the law and best practices to minimize the chance that your business will get caught up in the legal quagmire that is California employment law. This webinar will be conducted by Todd Wulffson, the Managing Partner of our Orange County office, who was also a General Counsel and CHRO for a public company.
In this complimentary, one hour webinar, Todd will cover the following:
- Recent changes to the Fair Employment and Housing Act, and handbook changes needed now
- Recreational/medical marijuana, and how to avoid the newest wave of litigation from employee intoxication at work
- Recent invasion of privacy claims based on managers monitoring of employees
- Staying compliant with fair pay laws without creating liability
- Best practices for hiring in 2019 with the current restrictions on background checks and prior salary
Who should attend: If you play any role in the management of a company that has a workforce in California, you will want to make certain to reserve your spot for this timely webinar.
1.0 hour of general CA MCLE credit has been approved for this presentation.
Todd R. Wulffson has focused his practice on counseling and defending businesses in labor and employment matters for 30 years. In addition to private practice, from 2006-2010, Wulffson served as General Counsel and SVP of Human Resources to Palace…
Read full bio»