CDF Webinar: Top 2019 Trade Secret & Related Developments That Every California Employer Should Know
Steal trade secrets and go to jail. Enter no-poach agreements and go to jail. The recurring theme of “Do not pass Go and go directly to jail” will be visited during Dan M. Forman’s webinar on September 26, 2019.
In addition to hotly contested litigation over trade secrets and employee poaching, state and federal authorities have increased the threat to employers who enter no-poaching agreements with other market players under antitrust laws. Dan will discuss:
- The recent Federal indictment of Uber’s former executive, Anthony Levandowski, accused of stealing Google’s self-driving car technology;
- Contractual terms to help protect your trade secrets and bolster an employer’s ability to prosecute a trade secret misappropriation case, including recent 9th Circuit guidance;
- The reach of Federal and State prosecution of no-poach agreements;
- Whistleblower protection under DTSA; and
- Protecting your workforce in the wake of AMN Healthcare v. Aya Healthcare Services, Inc. and lawsuits asserting interference with contract after poaching of employees.
Register today for this informative webinar!
This webinar qualifies for 1.0 hour of continuing education credit for CA MCLE, HRCI and SHRM.
Carothers DiSante & Freudenberger LLP is a recognized provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® preapproved this program for 1 HR (General) credit towards aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification.
Carothers DiSante & Freudenberger LLP is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
As Chair of the Unfair Competition & Trade Secret Practice Group, Dan M. Forman’s knowledge expands beyond traditional employment law where he has successfully prosecuted and defended complicated cases arising from the protection of trade…
Read full bio»