Todd Wulffson to Present Live Webinar for Clear Law Institute “Avoiding Liability for Job Postings & Recruiting”
CDF Orange County Office Managing Partner Todd Wulffson will be presenting this live webinar for Clear Law Institute.
A poorly written job advertisement, one errant phone call to an untrained manager, or a seemingly harmless Google search of an applicant could lead to a lawsuit. In this webinar, you’ll learn how to utilize available tools to maximize recruiting efforts while minimizing the risk of litigation. Among other things, you’ll learn about:
How to minimize liability for your job posting, including:
- The content of the posting
- Statements that create liability
- The location and placement of your ad
- The pros and cons of various media types for job postings
- The importance of good communication and recordkeeping
- How to avoid implied contracts or false impressions about a job posting
The screening process, including:
- The perils of screening applicants without their consent
- How to learn information from past employers
- The difference between public and private information on the web
Gathering information about an applicant, including:
- How to disclose and conduct a social media search
- What constitutes a background or reference check
- How to effectively communicate a job offer without engendering liability
Click HERE for registration and webinar details.
Todd R. Wulffson has focused his practice on counseling and defending businesses in labor and employment matters for over 25 years. In addition to private practice, from 2006-2010, Wulffson served as General Counsel and SVP of...
Read full bio»