The COVID-19 pandemic has created a myriad of employment litigation pitfalls for employers. On top of California’s already challenging legal landscape, business owners have to contend with rapidly-developing and constantly changing COVID laws and regulations at the federal, state, and local levels.
California employers increasingly face COVID-related employment litigation such as:
- Claims of alleged failure to provide a safe working environment
- Discrimination claims related to disability, medical condition, or age
- Leave claims under the FFCRA, CFRA, FMLA, and cities
- Cal/OSHA’s Emergency Regulations and a patchwork of federal, state, and local laws
- Retaliation and whistleblower claims
- Wage and hour lawsuits arising out of the pandemics’ impact on business operations
CDF Labor Law aggressively defends employers in COVID-related employment litigation and assists companies in avoiding the legal pitfalls so that businesses can continue to press through the crisis and look toward the new normal.
How CDF Can Help Protect California Employers
CDF has assembled a COVID-19 Task Force of attorneys form up and down the state. Our team regularly updates and advises on the developments of the rapidly-changing laws that affect employers from Northern to Southern California.
CDF attorneys provide advice and compliance strategies on the following:
- Cal/OSHA and OSHA Guidance
- Layoffs/Reductions in Force (RIF)
- COVID-Related Litigation
- Compliance Strategies for Local Ordinances
- Advice and Counseling on:
- Remote work and security issues
- Return to work-related issues
- Vaccine requirements
- Leaves of absence/time off work
- COVID-19 and Amendments to an Injury Illness Prevention Program
- Employee Exposure to COVID-19
- Cal/OSHA Regulations
- California and Federal WARN Issues
COVID-19 Resources for California Employers
- Look toward CDF’s California Labor & Employment Law Blog for continued pandemic coverage for California employers. If you are not already a subscriber, click here.
- CDF conducts monthly complimentary webinars that frequently address the most pressing issues of concern for California employers, including issues relating to COVID-19. If you are not already on our email list, click here to sign-up.
- CDF attorneys frequently author articles relating to breaking COVID-19 news and compliance.
CDF attorneys are ready to assist businesses that have workforces in California with any of their pandemic-related needs.