Navigating the Immigration Maze for CA Employers
California has long been a national symbol of creativity and innovation, a beacon for the best and brightest - the state is still the primary destination for immigrants entering the United States.
California is a desirable location for many highly skilled and talented individuals to work. California employers attract the top talent, the best and the brightest from all over the world.
CDF regularly handles complex immigration matters and simplifies the many government regulations that are entailed in employing foreign nationals in select positions. Our attorneys are known as straight shooters who cut through bureaucratic frustrations armed with solutions that match our clients’ demand for top-tier talent.
California is also a state that has many undocumented immigrants or people who use creative means to obtain gainful employment. In an effort to both protect the undocumented population and punish employers, both state and federal government regulators have stepped up enforcement and cracked down on employers that hire undocumented workers.
How CDF Can Help Protect Your Company
CDF regularly handles employment matters that involve undocumented workers. We regularly work with government investigators to help employers navigate immigration enforcement proceedings and representation when undocumented immigrants bring claims against their employer to court.
We assist employers in:
- Employment Visas/Work Permits
- Permanent Residence Labor Certification sponsorships (PERM)
- H-1B Petitions (Professionals)
- H-1B1 Visas (Singapore and Chile)
- TN Visas (Canada & Mexico Free Trade Visas)
- E-3 Visas (Australia)
- J-1 Visas (Trainees and Interns)
- L-1 Executives and Specialized Knowledge Workers
- O-1 Visas (Extraordinary Ability)
- P Visas for Athletes and Entertainers
- Immigrant Petitions (I-140 EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, and EB-5)
- Outstanding Professors and Researchers
- Green Cards
- Investors (E-1/E-2 and EB-5)
- B-1/B-2 Visitors
- I-9 Internal Audits
- ICE I-9 Audits
- U.S. Department of Labor H-1B LCA Wage & Hour Audits
- Corporate Immigration Compliance for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Naturalization & Citizenship
- Problem Resolution
- Second Opinions
- Expert Witness Analysis and Counsel
- Outbound Visa Assistance for Corporate Travel Overseas
Geopolitical and economic factors continually influence the immigration law and practice. CDF recognizes that real value for employers means more than just experience, it also requires responsiveness and insight. We reduce the confusion that the government's maze of immigration regulations induces by providing clear guidance, that will enable you to avoid staffing disruptions and liability to the government for non-compliance.