Navigating the Immigration Maze for CA Employers
California has long been a national symbol of creativity and innovation, a beacon for the best and brightest - the state is still the primary destination for immigrants entering the United States.
California is a desirable location for many highly skilled and talented individuals to work. California employers attract the top talent, the best and the brightest from all over the world.
CDF regularly handles both simple and complex immigration matters. We simplify the many government regulations involved in employing foreign nationals in select positions. Our attorneys are known as straight shooters who cut through bureaucratic frustrations and are armed with solutions that match our clients’ demand for top-tier talent.
California is also a state that has many undocumented immigrants or people who use creative means to obtain gainful employment. In an effort to both protect the undocumented population and punish employers, both state and federal government regulators have stepped up enforcement and cracked down on employers that hire undocumented workers.
How CDF Can Help Protect Your Company
CDF regularly handles employment matters that involve undocumented workers. We regularly work with government investigators to help employers navigate immigration enforcement proceedings and representation when undocumented immigrants bring claims against their employer to court.
We assist employers in:
- Employment Visas/Work Permits including:
- H-1B Petitions (Professionals)
- H-1B1 Visas (Singapore and Chile)
- TN Professionals (Canada & Mexico)
- E-3 Visas (Australia)
- J-1 Visas (Trainees and Interns)
- L-1 Executives, Managers, and Specialized Knowledge Workers
- O-1 Visas (Extraordinary Ability)
- P Visas for Athletes and Entertainers
- B-1/B-2 Visitors
- Permanent Residence including:
- Labor Certification (PERM)
- Immigrant Petitions (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, and Immediate Relative of US Citizen)
- Adjustment of Status
- Consular Processing
- Audit and Enforcement Actions including
- I-9 Internal Audits
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement I-9 Audit/Enforcement Action
- U.S. Department of Labor H-1B LCA Wage & Hour Audits
- US Department of Justice Unfair Immigration-Related Employment Practice Immigration Advice & Compliance Auditing in a Merger or Acquisition
- Naturalization & Citizenship
- Second Opinions
- Expert Witness Testimony
Geopolitical and economic factors continually influence immigration law and practice. CDF recognizes that real value for employers means more than just experience, it also requires responsiveness and insight. We reduce the confusion that the government's maze of immigration regulations induces by providing clear guidance, that will enable you to avoid staffing disruptions and liability to the government for non-compliance.