Diversity & Inclusion Vision Statement
Further Diversify CDF’s Foundation of a Diverse and Inclusive Workforce
Diversity and inclusion have been the bedrock of Carothers DiSante & Freudenberger LLP since its inception in 1994. Women and minorities have long held leadership positions in the Firm, including the Managing Partner of the Firm, Office Managing Partners, Executive Committee members, and Committee Chairs. Women and minority attorneys play an integral role in managing the Firm and shaping its future. The Firm remains committed to maintaining our ingrained value of inclusion and further diversifying CDF as a whole, with a strong emphasis on providing top leadership opportunities for women and minority attorneys.
At CDF, we maintain our focus on the recruitment, development and retention of the best and brightest from all walks of life and backgrounds to support our growth and serve the needs of our diverse clients.
Diversity & Inclusion Committee Vision Statement
Carothers DiSante & Freudenberger LLP’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee’s vision is to strive to foster a workplace that is dedicated to recruiting, listening, developing and retaining diverse talents and ensuring an environment of inclusion. The Committee, composed of attorneys and staff from all of our office locations, represents a broad spectrum of the differences in ethnicity, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, backgrounds and viewpoints.
The Committee goals can be summarized in four key initiatives:
- Identification and recruitment of top-tier diverse candidates across all experience levels who will enrich our firm;
- Develop collaborative opportunities for all employees to develop a culture of inclusion;
- Retention and advancement, including the development of a firm-wide mentoring program; and
- Local community outreach in all five office locations that will increase our support of and connection with diverse professional organizations and underprivileged communities.
Diversity Participation and Commitment
We view diversity as an ongoing and active commitment that extends beyond the formation of a diversity committee. CDF participates in several diversity-focused organizations and programs including:
- African American Managing Partners Network
- Asian American Bar Association
- California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP)
- Filipino-American Lawyers of Orange County
- Hispanic Bar Association
- Italian American Lawyers Association
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA)
- Thurgood Marshall Bar Association
- Women Presidents' Organization
Like many of our clients, CDF has developed and maintains a Diversity Vendor Supplier Program which ensures that a significant percentage of the supplies and services our firm purchases are from minority or women-owned and operated businesses. Through this program, CDF frequently reaches outside of the law arena to local, state, and nationwide businesses.
Awards and Accolades
- In June of 2018, CDF was proud to be named one of the “Best Law Firms for Female and Minority Attorneys” in Law360’s 2018 Glass Ceiling Report for firms with 20-149 attorneys.
- In mid-August of 2018, Corporate Counsel and InsideCounsel announced their honorees for their 2018 National Women in Law Awards. CDF is also proud to report that Marie DiSante, CDF's Founding Partner and Firm Managing Partner since its inception in 1994, was named an honoree for their “Lifetime Achievement.” Honorees were selected based on their demonstrated commitment to advancing the empowerment of women in law. “Organically, we’ve always had a strong mix of minorities and women,” DiSante said in the interview conducted by Corporate Counsel.
- In 2019, CDF was once again named one of the "Best Law Firms for Female and Minority Attorneys" by Law360. CDF made notable efforts to advance diversity in its ranks over the past year, rising five places to fifth for its representation of female attorneys, and rising three places to fourth for its representation of minority attorneys.
- In 2020, CDF was listed on the Top 20 Law Firms with 100 Attorneys or Fewer Who Stood Out on Minority Representation which appeared on the 2020 Law360 Diversity Snapshot Report.
“Diversity and inclusion have been at the heart of CDF since the firm was founded. We strive every day to continue to keep the heartbeat of diversity and inclusion strong and seek ways to improve our efforts. CDF is committed to focusing on diversity and inclusion, not just for today, but for the future of our firm, our clients, our communities and the legal field.” – Dave Carothers, Chair of CDF’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee